- 1 bunch of organic red radishes
- ½ white onion
- Spoon of good unsalted butter
- 1 russet potato
- 2 cups chicken clear broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 French baguette croutons olive oil and garlic rubbed
In a 2 qt pan saute the onion and the potato (both peeled and diced), with a spoon of butter for few minutes, do not brown. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the green top (called a fan), of the radishes (washed and chopped), pour the cream over, salt and white pepper to taste, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Using an immersion soup blender, blend well until smooth; check salt and consistency. Add cream or water if too thick. Keep warm until serving. Pour into your favorite bowl topped with the garlic croutons and the very thinly diced radishes for a little kick of spice.
This very simple recipe utilizes the green top of your radishes. When shopping, make sure to pick a bunch that has a big healthy green top.
- Serve it with crusty bread
- A bit of Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream can be placed on top pre-serving
I hope you will impress your friends with this delicious, cost effective, easy recipe…
PS: always try new recipes or culinary techniques once before creating an important dinner!!